Somaliland Travel Agency and your personal data
This Privacy Statement sets out how we handle your personal data. You can be confident that we handle your personal data with care. This Privacy Statement applies to all our websites.
Who is this Privacy Statement intended for?
It is intended for all natural persons who we interact with and share personal data with us.
- We will process your personal data if have you contacted us for information on our products and services.
- We will process your personal data or that of your related individuals for the purpose of carrying out business with you in case you book a tour with us.
- In case your company is a client of us and you’re the contact person, we will process your personal data.
- We also process your personal data if you have booked a tour with a company for whom we provide the local tours for. In this case your personal data is shared with us by the company that you have directly booked your tour with.
- We may process your personal data when you visit our websites.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that says something about a natural person. For example your name, address, email address, age and date of birth. Personal data also includes your bank account number, your phone number, your IP address and your national social security number.
Under what lawful basis do we process personal data
Under the GDPR we can only process personal data under the lawful basis under this regulation. In order to provide our services to you, we in most cases will rely on the following lawful basis:
Contract. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party to. We will need to process your personal data in order to make the necessary arrangements for your tour with us.
Legal obligation. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. In cases where we need to arrange travel permits, visas and provide security, we have legal obligation to process your personal data. In some cases, we will need to share data with Ministry of Tourism and Immigration Departments and other Government entities in Somaliland, Djibouti and other countries where we do tours.
Consent. You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. For example, when you have contacted us for information on our products and services.
Legitimate interest of our company. In some cases, we have the right to use your personal data if we have a legitimate interest in doing so. We always balance your privacy rights against our legimtate interest.
Please note that if you are resident in the European Union or European Economic Area (“EEA”), USA, United Kingdom or other countries we may hold your personal information outside of these regions. For instance, your personal information may be held by us in The Netherlands, Somaliland and Djibouti.
We may also need to transfer your personal information to travel suppliers and other third parties outside of the EEA. Example can be vendors who provide cloud applications to us. In order to protect your personala data we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.